A. JOB SUMMARRY
|Banadir Region (Mogadishu) – 1 post and South West State (Baidoa) – 1 post
|Duration: 1 Year with high possibility of extension basing on performance and funding availability
|Duration of the Initial contract: 3 Months Probationary Period
Uplift Relief & Development Agency (UPLIFT RELIEF) is a dynamic Somali-based agency that delivers emergency relief and implements long-term, resilience-building projects at community level. Uplift Relief is a nonprofit, nonpolitical and non-religious NGO registered in Somalia in 2019 in response to multiple humanitarian crises – COVID-19 pandemic, the extraordinary 2021drought, prolonged conflict, endless displacements and violence across Somalia. Uplift Relief supports life-saving interventions in the face of emergency and disasters. Beyond relief, we seek to break the culture of donor dependency by building resilient social and economic structures in communities. We partner not only with the conventional donors but also with Somalis in the diaspora and the local business community. We are committed to providing aid to people who would otherwise have little or no chance of getting it. Uplift Relief aims to leave lasting impact on the lives of its target groups.
C. SCOPE OF WORK
The Field Coordinator shall be responsible for providing guidance and leadership through supervising the implementation of the Uplift Relief programs in Banaadir Region/South West State, with specific focus in ensuring effective functionality of all the support functions of the program. Additionally, the Field Coordinator will support adherence to the Organization Strategic Objectives within program development in their respective area. The Field Coordinator will be responsible for grant management and reporting. The Field Coordinator will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring of Human Resources, Administration, Logistics, Finance and all Program functions of the program to ensure strict compliance to all Uplift Relief procedures/policies. The Field Coordinator will oversee day to day management of Staff Safety and security during all phases of field operations. The Field Coordinator will be responsible for assessing program support and program support staff quality, effectiveness and providing guidance and support to staff. The Field Coordinator will from time to time represent the Uplift Relief program in various coordination forums. The Field Coordinator reports to the Operations Director and will be responsible for the following:
- Provides guidance and leadership through supervising the implementation of the Uplift Relief programs in Banaadir Region/South West State, with specific focus in ensuring effective functionality of all the support functions of the program
- Provides assistance to the Program Manager, Program Officers and the Senior Management Team based as required or as requested.
- Program Management:
- Provide support and leadership in grant management, budget monitoring, new program development, monitoring and evaluation including strategic planning. More specifically to:
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of grants by staff with specific focus to the program support sections of each respective grant.
- Support field teams in the Review of Monthly Budget vs. Actual reports with program staff, make recommendations on the basis of these and ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion.
- Identify new program possibilities in collaboration with the SMT and field based based program staff, specifically the Program Manager, Partnership Manager and Program Officers.
- Based on identified needs, make recommendations to the SMT for development of new policy guides.
- Ensure appropriate M&E activities are carried out regularly by program staff in all sectors (data collection & analysis, monitoring of project progress against established work plans, monitoring of established indicators and utilization of results to inform program (re-)design).
- Support the integration of program activities to create coherent, quality and complimentary programming; Specific focus to ensure strong integration of program support functions with direct program related activities
- Ensures policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable Uplift Relief, funding source and government policies, procedures and requirements.
- Ensures Program staff act in accordance with the Uplift Relief policies.
- Promptly informs the Operations Director and Executive Director on any areas of concern or potential or suspected violations.
- Field Coordinator effectively communicates all relevant compliance issues during program design / development and Grant Opening & Closing Meetings, or as encountered.
- With support from the Executive Director, monitor the security situation and development in Uplift Relief operational areas with implications for staff safety and for program implementation
- Maintain Health and Safety standards by carrying out regular inspection of the office updating warning notices and up-dating first aid kits with the support of the Executive Director.
- Human Resources/Administration
- Directly manages, supervises and mentors the Finance and Supply Chain staff of the Program.
- Ensure that all performance evaluations for all staff are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency.
- Support in identifying training needs for Program staff and make appropriate recommendations to the HRM and the ED.
- Ensure that administrative matters of the field office are carried out in accordance with Uplift Relief HR and administration policies.
- Ensure that all Uplift Relief staff at the Field level comply with the Uplift Relief Code of Conduct and other relevant policies pertaining to staff conduct.
- Supply Chain
- In collaboration with HQ office, oversee the carrying out of supply chain operations by supply chain staff, including procurement (both local and international), stock management, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment).
- Coordinates all transport and travel arrangements for the Uplift Relief Program in collaboration with HQ Supply Chain team.
- Ensure compliance with Uplift Relief and donor Supply Chain policies at all times.
- Support and ensure accurate staff movement planning at all times
- Oversee the financial management of field office operations by the finance staff, including cash management, issuing and tracking advances, ensuring complete and correct use of all finance forms; timely notice to HQ finance department of cash transfer/petty cash needs.
- Ensure compliance with Uplift Relief and donor finance policies at all times.
- Representation / Communications
- Represent Uplift Relief in external engagements with FGS, FMS, I/UN-Agencies, Private Sector, other NGOs and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate Uplift Relief program activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies.
- Represent and ensure active participation of Uplift Relief in relevant cluster coordination platforms existing in the area
- Assist in the preparation of regular reports to keep partners and stakeholders informed of Uplift Relief’s activities.
- Performs other administrative or office duties or projects as required or as assigned.
D. QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in administration and management as an Office Manager, or similar position, three years of which must have been spent working with an international/L NGO.
- Experience and skills
- Strong experience of food security, protection, DRR, youth’s employment, small and micro enterprise, education and vocational skills training in a rural setting.
- Experience in working with local NGO partners.
- Result-oriented, able to set priorities and meet deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Strong leadership skills including ability to influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to work as part of field team and successfully join up work with partner staff
- Good command of English and Somali, particularly locally used dialect in the project locations (written and verbal)
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results including working with institutional donors, foundations, and co-creation of programs with private sector and governments
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
E. APLICATION INSTRUCTION
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting “Field Coordinator, Uplift Relief & Development Agency” in the email subject, not later than 25Th June, 2023.
To apply online click on the following link: https://upliftrelief.org/job-openings/ . Each application should be addressed to the Human Resource Department, Uplift Relief and Development Agency, and include the following:
- An updated CV with contact information of three work-related referees and,
- A cover letter clearly stating their motivation, qualifications and remuneration requirements.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applications not including all of the above information will not be considered. Uplift Relief would like to thank all applicants for their interest and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.